There are 3 frames :
- Management Frame
- Control Frames
- Data Frames
Management Frames :
- Beacons – to announce its present. It carried the SSID
- Request – come from client calling for AP
- Response – answer by AP to the probe request
- Association request – asking from one host to another and try to associate e.g. to synchronous a watch
- Association response – answer to the association request
- Disassociation – to disconnect the associate politely, then the host can unallocated any process that have been done.
- Open – Only two frames exchange asking for access and allow the access
- WEP – Client send auth frame ask for access, BSSID will send auth frame containing the challenge key, then client send back the encrypted WEP key
- WPA/WPA2 – it’s quite complicated, i’ll discuss later.
- Send from one station to others to terminate sessions, the station may still associated but there are no connection each other